Thursday, January 15, 2009

Makes Census 2010

After Iwa's birthday party we brought aunty Lexi back to town and on the way she was talking about the Census - looking for jobs here in Hawaii. We went online (http://www.2010censusjobs.gov/) and got all the info, called the number and made appointments. We actually called twice, once for me and once for Enoka. Both times they gave us the info. Test in Kailua on Wednesday at 5:30pm. . .Twice it shows in my notes, Wednesday, Kailua, 5:30. . .and we spoke with 2 different people each time. . .So how come when I showed up at the Elem. School, they laughed at me and said, "uh, I don't know about any test today. The Library has an art show that you can visit, but the flyer's we are passing out say tomorrow. Okay I didn't feel dumb about the whole thing, but I certainly was glad that Enoka is willing to go back again today. . . I really hope we get hired. The job could last from 6 weeks to 2 years and pays $17 hr. for part time work. . . Our goal? try and pay off the car! I think it would be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. So i already posted a comment and it didnt go through... so if after i post this and it magically appears... it's not me!

    But Good luck with the job... do you know if they are holding any interviews down this side?

    Dad always hated census takers.... i have no idea why... but maybe not a good idea to tell him your a census taker! ;)

    ReplyDelete