Friday, January 9, 2009

Broke da mout!

Okay so during the holidays as everyone is in the giving mood. One of my co-workers made these wonderful melt in your mouth cookies to die for. . .White Chocolate/Cranberry shortbread cookies. They were sooo good infact, Enoka wanted to know where he could buy them from cause he wanted to give them to everyone for Christmas. (He opened them without me knowing and ate all but one!) Well Samantha gave me her recipe (so easy, only 5 ingredients) and my foodland finally restocked the white chocolate chips so I tried it last night. Just as wonderful as I remember! If you want to try a great recipe here it is.

4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 c. butter (I used salted) at room temp.
1 c. dried cranberries
1 c. white chocolate chips

cream the butter and sugar, slowly mix in the flour. Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips. Form into 1 inch balls and flatten on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 min at 350.

They look white (almost raw when you pull them out) but let it sit for a minute before moving to a cooling rack and then let it cool for 4-5 minutes more.

I promise they are worth the wait and the effort! I bet nuts would be good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment